It’s time to make our line of parts for the 2016+ Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T and a little bit bigger by introducing a direct-fit performance intercooler. This will be a great part to add to your LTG powerplant if you’re looking for increased airflow and higher power potential. An upgraded intercooler will also be a supporting platform for other bolt-on modifications such as an intake or an upgraded turbocharger.
Our intercooler has an increased external fin surface area of 239%, an internal volume increase of 45%, and an overall core size increase of 78% over stock. While this is a direct replacement for the factory intercooler unit, these size increases greatly help with heat-soak. Extensive testing was conducted to be sure that our design combats heat-soak just as well as a front-mount design would, and the results showed maximum temperature drops of 25˚ F compared to the stock setup using factory charge pipes. Detailed testing conditions and methods are outlined in the attached engineering blog for the project. We also gained 15 hp and 12 ft-lbs of torque, which makes this a true bolt-on part yielding results.
This intercooler is designed to be used with all factory equipment on the 2016+ Chevy Camaro 2.0T. and will pair with our upgraded intercooler pipes. There is no modification or cutting required to install this intercooler and it comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
- 2" thick intercooler design optimized for maximum airflow with minimal pressure drop
- 25°F (14°C) reduction in AIT
- 61°F (34°C) temperature drop over stock intercooler shown during heat-soak torture test
- 45% increase in internal core volume & 239% increase in external fin surface area
- 78% increase in core size
- Bar-and-plate construction
- Includes CNC-machined quick-disconnect fittings to mate with stock intercooler pipes
- Cast end tanks with internal air diverter provide optimal airflow through intercooler
- All-aluminum, TIG-welded
- Fits with the Mishimoto Camaro 2.0T Oil Cooler Kit